Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Petty Politics

My dad told me today that he heard on the radio this afternoon about twelve United States Representatives voting against designating former President Bill Clinton's childhood home a National Historic Site. Disgusted with the petty politics of the day, my father -- usually a quiet, right-of-center man -- expressed extreme disappointment that partisan bickering invaded such a mundane, inconsequential vote like creating a National Historic Site. "Twelve stupid, stupid people," my father said, shaking his head and looking at the floor. We were in the car and he was driving so I had a moment of panic. But still.

I looked the story up on Google News and found an article from the Arkansas Times' blog.
Republicans have a default tactic whenever they are under duress: attack Bill Clinton (even though he has been out of office for over five years now).
It's a Small World. If you will kindly look at the thirteenth comment, you will see that it is written by none other than our friendly, resident conservative, Hunkahillbilly. Honestly, how much free time does he have to find himself commenting so often and so prolifically that I randomly come across one of his comments in the real world? Dude. Seriously. Get a hobby.