Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bubbly Badness

Friday night at a St. Patrick's Day party at my friend's house, I was approached by a pretty girl who was one of those bubbly drunk girls. She seemed nice enough and I thought any guy would be lucky to get to know her, but the poor girl never picked up that I wasn't interested. I tried and tried to do everything in my power to show her that I'm not really attracted to, well -- her. Female. But she was a lost cause.

I moved around the house from room to room trying to get away from her, but she followed me like a little puppy. She'd put her hand on my arm when we'd talk -- or should I say when she talked to me and I nodded respectfully. By eleven, thought, I lost her in the crowd and didn't see her for the rest of the evening. I thought maybe I got through the worst of it, but I was mistaken.

This afternoon I met the friend who had the party for lunch. With him, he had a cd in a jewel case and a note. He handed it to me and said it was from Amanda, the girl at the party. This was written on the paper:
I see you on the street and you walk on by
You make me wanna hang my head down and cry
If you gave me half a chance you'd see
My desire burning inside of me
But you choose to look the other way
I've had to work much harder than this
For something I want don't try to resist me

Open your heart to me, baby
I hold the lock and you hold the key
Open your heart to me, darlin'
I'll give you love if you, you turn the key
Being a Madonna fan, I recognized the song right away. But more than the good taste in music I saw she possessed, I realized that she was really scary. I mean, that's down-right stalkerish! The CD, of course, has one song on it: Open Your Heart by Madonna. My personaly favorite line:

Don't try to run, I can keep up with you.
Nothing can stop me from trying...


Oh my.